1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer freezing having to hard reset and cannot update w7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by spectrum_1, Sep 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spectrum_1

spectrum_1 Thread Starter

2. mpeet611

mpeet611

3. spectrum_1

thanks mpeet, I am using it right now. I will post back what my results are.

the updates work but my freezing is still happening

4. mpeet611

mpeet611

Glad to here windows update is now working. Like i said in my previous post i don't know how to solve your freezing issue but i may know somebody on here who could help. I'll send him a PM & ask him to help you.

5. Mark1956

Mark1956

Hi Spectrum_1, mpeet611 asked if I could take a look at your problem.

So I get the full picture of the problem, please tell me exactly what happens when the system freezes, does everything just stop responding, can you still see the screen or does it go black, does the mouse still respond. The more you can tell me the better. Does the freezing happen when using any particular item of software?

6. spectrum_1

Hi guys, sorry for not posting in a very long time but in the meantime I have done a windows reinstall and still get these errors. I am suspect of the power supply not being good enough for the graphics card I am running. I am going to order a new power supply soon.

@Mark1956

The screen will freeze, giving me no input of what is happening. Fans still spin and screen does not go black, no noises, just freezes endlessly

7. Mark1956

Mark1956

As you have now done a clean re-install of Windows then the freezes are almost certain to be due to a hardware issue. You may well be on the right track with your PSU being underpowered.

So we can check for you, please provide the PSU make, model and wattage and the make and model number of your graphics card.

8. spectrum_1

9. Mark1956

Mark1956

The spec for the graphics card suggests a minimum PSU of 450W so your PSU should be adequate, although this does depend on what other hardware you may have running from it.

Lets take a look at your Event Veiwer record, this may give some clues.

Please download the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rosso VEW and save it to your Desktop: Event Veiwer

• For XP operating sysetms double-click VEW.exe For later operating systems right-click VEW.exe and select "Run As Administrator".

• Under "Select log to query", select:

Application
      System

• Under "Select type to list", select:

Error
      Warning

• Click the radio button for "Number of events"
    • Type 10 in the 1 to 20 box
    • Then click the Run button.

Notepad will open with the output log. Please copy and paste the contents into your next reply.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1134242

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice