1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Freezing/Locking up when playing a Video Game

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by duffz, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duffz

duffz Thread Starter

Hey,

I Recently had a computer made for me and have had it for about 2 weeks now. Everything works great in it and haven't had any problems except for when i play World of Warcraft, my computer decides to freeze up after a random amount of time.. Sometimes it lasts for 2 hours, sometimes only for 5 minutes. And i must manually turn it off by pressing and holding the power button.

My Specs are:

- Intel Celeron D Processer
    - Windows Xp Home Service Pack 2
    - 250 GB Hard Drive
    - 2 GB Ram
    - Nvidia Geforce 7300GS Video Card

I Thought it could be overheating of my graphics card (I'm not the best with computer hardware, though i know how to take it out and put it in), so i opened both side panels up and even put a mini fan blowing inside it to see if it would cool it down, but it still froze up.

I felt the inside of my computer and it does get pretty hot without the mini fan i use, but my computer acts the same way if i have the mini fan On or Off. is it possible that i still wasn't able to cool down the video card with the fan i put blowing on the inside?

Or what other possibilities do you think could be causing this problem?

Its very frustrating because i run a program with World of Warcraft that i need to run most of the day awhile im away, and when i come back to it and see it was only active for 30 minutes before freezing sucks because i lose a lot of time.

My computer doesn't freeze unless i am running this game (haven't tested any other games to see if it froze also), but it never freezes just idling.

2. lurtz555

lurtz555

The exact same thing happens to me. My computer runs perfectly on anything else and my graphics card is great but at any random times it will freeze wen i play games. Its weird because the first day that i play it works perfect but the next day and all the next days when i play games ( I have only tried with LOTR battle for middle earth 2 and demo for quake wars) it always freezes. i know that its not lagg because even when i play single player it does it too. Exept, for me i only get about 3 to 6 mins at a time with the games but my computer isent at all hot.

HELP ME PLEASE:confused: :confused: :confused:

3. Goldfish92

Goldfish92

Well, sounds like something overheating.... But if you are SURE that it isn't then try updating the drivers and see what happens. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595758

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice