Computer Freezing-Not Responding to ANYTHING

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

EMozartKV313

I am working on an old computer that freezes out of nowhere and does not respond to anything! I have to physically push the power button to turn the computer off and then back on again....in the meantime if I didn't save my work it is all gone. MS Word/Excel does not even recover the files I am working on :(

Here are some basic specs to the computer I am working on: PS- I just recently updated the graphics driver, hoping that maybe that was causing the freeze ups.

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

HP-Pavilion w/Intel Celeron CPU-1200 MHz
1.20 GHz, 512 MB of RAM

Thanks for your help!

when a PC freezes it can indicate hardware failure, could be power supply or hard drive. Check power supply voltage. If you are losing CMOS settings (time, etc) check motherboard battery. When booting have CMOS check all memory (turn off quick boot). Just a few possibilities.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online