1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer freezing to dang much

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by FaLLin, Jan 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaLLin

FaLLin Thread Starter

hey guyz
    i think it was 3 weeks ago i was here asking for help about my computer freezing like ever 10 min or so. well after talking to some the the awsome guyz in the chat room they told me i should try and see if it was a bad stick of ram so i did and found out it wasnt the ram. so after that me and my dad where out of ideas so i told my dad the hell with it reformat and we will just have to reinstall everything. as my dad was getting ready to reformat he thought of doing one more thing which was updated the bios, and what did ya know it worked the freezing stopped WOOT!!! BUT :mad: over X-mass i got a new mp3 player which needs a usb port to trasfer songs onto it, so i took out my dads dig cam ubs plug in and put my mp3 players after i was done doing my stuff i forgot to plug the dig cam back is. opps hehe well my computer deleted the drivers for the dig cam and my dad just realized last night. so i told me and then he reinstalled all the drivers. after he was done i went on everquest to get some time in before i had to go to sleep. not 4 mins in the game and my comp freezes, i was like SOB not again so i restarted and i didnt even get to log onto the desktop before it froze again. so i am here again on my knees begging for someone to save me from my nighmare. :( any help will be much thanked

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

start, run, msconfig.

Uncheck EVERYTHING

reboot and then see if it works. if it does, recheck one thing at a time until you find whats locking you up.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!