1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Freezing Up

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pradhan204, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pradhan204

pradhan204 Thread Starter

Hello
    I am using win 7 sp1. From the past 2 days i am facing issues with my computer. It freezes up in normal mode but works fine in safe mode. I havent downloaded anything new on my system. I have tried scan using hitman pro and malwarebytes nothing found. Ran sfc/scannow which was fine. Processor is not heating up as Temp is around 42 Max. Did a system restore but it still froze after that. Uninstalled and reinstalled video drivers from device manager. I dont have a external video card its onboard. I have 2 sticks of 4gb ram installed even went ahead and reseated the ram and even tried one ram at a time but it still freezes in normal mode. I had two audio devices dfx enhancer and via high def audio. I removed dfx but still it freezes. I know there is some services which is maybe doing this i have already cleared my startup except kaspersky. Can anyone help me.

Regards

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

When it freezes, is it a blue screen of death with an error code? An error code would be helpful.

3. pradhan204

There is no BSOD or error code . What i have noticed is it freezes mostly while watching videos not online but on software like VLC media player etc. Also it freezes on the same screen without any error code i have to restart it as nothing works keyboard mouse ctrl+alt +del etc. Have also checked in event viewer it just shows "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." That too because i restarted it directly . I still have no clue whether it a HW or SW issue.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Check Event Viewer > Application Log > set filter for event ID 1000, which is the event for Application error.

5. pradhan204

The only error messages that i can see is under application log for past 7 days when issue started is

1 Event ID 10
    Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

2 Event ID 7040
    The search service has detected corrupted data files in the index {id=2418}. The service will attempt to automatically correct this problem by rebuilding the index.

Details:
    The content index catalog is corrupt. 0xc0041801 (0xc0041801)

3 Event Id 7042
    The Windows Search Service is being stopped because there is a problem with the indexer: The catalog is corrupt.

Details:
    The content index catalog is corrupt. 0xc0041801 (0xc0041801)

4 Event ID 4
    Error 0x8004401e encountered when trying to load MOF C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM\EN-US\AACLIENT.MFL while recovering .MOF file marked with autorecover.

5 Event ID 1000
    Faulting application name: Fuel.Service.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x517f39a1
    Faulting module name: Device.dll, version: 4.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f55e10b
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000033c1
    Faulting process id: 0x6e8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d3311d0ddb1e77
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Fuel\Fuel.Service.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Fuel\Device.dll
    Report Id: a3008329-9d10-11e7-8437-485b39aec24c

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

Did the Fuel.Service eventID 1000 happen when you experience a freeze ?

7. pradhan204

Really dont know as i just checked the Application log after you told me to but just got 3 entry of eventID 1000 that too on 17th and 18th of this month the rest all of them mostly are event id 10

8. lunarlander

lunarlander

Watch a video and when it freezes, reboot and check Event Viewer.

9. pradhan204

I have already watched 2 videos but it hasn't frozen since i uninstalled CCCP codec. But will wait and watch check if it does again.
    Thanks

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1196641

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice