1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer freezing up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jrunyon, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jrunyon

jrunyon Thread Starter

My computer keeps freezing up when I'm surfing the net. If I log off and then back on it's ok for awhile then it does it again. I scanned my computer Trend Micro free online scan and it didn't find anything but cookies. Any idea what to try next? I do have Avg too and it didn't find anything either.

2. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper

Virus scan dont always find the right stuff
    Get Ad-Aware, update definitions and scan

Sometimes this is also caused by a build up of Temporary Internet Files or even a prgram downloading spyware and trojans

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

4. jrunyon

jrunyon Thread Starter

I ran the ad-aware and it found a myway toolbar. Hopefully that is the problem. Thanks.

5. jrunyon

jrunyon Thread Starter

After I ran the ad aware it work fine for awhile now it's freezing up again. Any idea what to do next?

6. jrunyon

jrunyon Thread Starter

Well I checked the avg virus vault to find that I have exploit.wmf. This is probably the problem so how do I get rid of this? If I press the wipe objects key will this fix it? Never had a virus before so not real sure on how to get rid of them.

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

Something in quarantine is not the problem because quarantine isolates it from the pc.
    You need to run online scans though, as I would be yet system is still infected anyway.
    www.ewido.net
    www.bitdefender.com

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!