1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer freezing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kusorai, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kusorai

Kusorai Thread Starter

I wasnt sure where to put this as I have no way of knowing what the cause is. I am WILLING to bet its hardware.. thats all I've got. I decided I wanted to put together a computer as my old one was freezing all the time. Once I got all the pieces and put them together the NEW computer was freezing just as bad.

I can't tell what the issue is. The only parts I migrated over from my old computer were my hard drive for storage, my power supply, and my graphics card which I have since then replaced completely. Still freezing. Here are my specs

My first graphics card was an Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1 GB by Palit

XCLIO A380COLOR Fully Black 1.0 mm SECC / ABS Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

1 x ASUS M5A88-V EVO AM3+ AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

2 x ASUS EAH6450 Silent/DI/1GD3(LP) Radeon HD 6450 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready

1 x AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition Deneb 3.5GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HDZ970FBGMBOX

2 x Kingston HyperX 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3/4G

What I've recently put in

1 x CORSAIR CX Series CX750 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power

1 x Western Digital WD Green WD5000AZRX 500GB IntelliPower SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

I'll start the computer up and whether its doing nothing or if Im playing a game the computer just freezes as if it took a screen shot and kept it there. Maybe its a power issue? I have no idea. Anyway I've replaced just about everything, I dont think it should be doing this especially since I've reformatted about 20 billion times trying different ideas to try and keep my computer from freezing, all attempts failed.

Not sure what to do but to a new computer builder this is pretty discouraging. :/ I dont use a normal monitor either, I use a 32 inch flat screen television. I dont know if thats the issue but I thought I'd point that out there.

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    Can you try a regular monitor for awhile just to settle this concern with your TV?

3. Kusorai

Kusorai Thread Starter

I would if I had one on hand. I got my TV to save some money. I wanted a monitor this big but that was a bit much for me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086684

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice