1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer freezing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Conniedawg, Aug 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Conniedawg

Conniedawg Thread Starter

Hey guys i am hoping to find a solution to a problem with my computer.

Basically it is continually freezing, like non stop and i have to restart the computer everytime it does it. I managed to run a few test such as hw monitor, all temps are fine. Also ran an intel burn trst and my cpu ran fine on all 5 teat on both notmal loading and also maxing on cpu. I have tried running further diagnostics but now my computer freezes withing 5 minutes of startup so i cant run nor even get the chance to download the software. To add to that i have cleaned the entire inside of the computer, the cpu fan was extremely dirty so i thought i had fixed the problem when i cleaned the heck out of it, however this has not solved it. And lastly i have taken out slots of ram one at a time and ran the computer to test for ram failure and this didnt solve it unless by some miracle chance all 3 sticks or ram have failed at once. Anyone know what else could cause it, oh and sometimes it gets past the freezing to the point it goes to the blue screen of death.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    !, brand and exact model of computer
    2. version of Windows, including any service packs
    3. security programs installed
    4. what did the BSOD say (words as well as the string in front of the parentheses)

3. Conniedawg

Hey

Windows 7 home premium
    Service pack 1
    Processor intel cor i5 2.8ghz
    Graphics asus r9 270x series
    550w power supply
    Avg anyivirus
    Ccleaner for registry ect
    Motherboard asus p7p55d-e lx

BSOD gives error code 0x00000101

Thanks

4. Conniedawg

Also 8gb of ram and just tried changing the motherboard battery with the success of that solving the issue. Chkdsk from command prompt also found no hard drive issues

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Did you also make sure the processor's heatsink unit wasn't clogged with dust and debris?

Just cleaning its cooling fan unit won't prevent it from overheating.

-------------------------------------------------------

6. Conniedawg

Yeah i separated the heatsink from
    The fan and cleaned that spotless too. I think i may have found the issue, i have had a lot of problems with the wifi connectivity of my computer so i have removed the wireless network card and i am now using a external usb wifi device. I think maybe the network card is dieing. Like i said the freezing hasnt happened since and its been over 6 hours. Will keep posted but have you heard of a faulting wireless network card causing constant freezing?

7. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I've never used an internal wireless card in a desktop, just an external USB one.

Hopefully, you have found the problem to your issue.

---------------------------------------------------------

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1132666

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice