1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Freezing!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bob2709, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bob2709

bob2709 Thread Starter

Help. Everytime i walk past my pc or even touch it, it freezes up and the only thing that can get it going is turning off at the switch. Have been over all the connections, given a good clean inside, tried running it with both onboard graphics and pci card. Same thing happening. Tried swapping memory. Smallest vibration it gets and it freezes. Hope someone can help.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome.

Strange. Are you on carpet?

3. bob2709

bob2709 Thread Starter

yeah, its on carpet. is it possible to be a loose connection somewhere?

4. ~Candy~

A loose connection is always a possibility, but, I'm betting more on static electricity ;)

Try touching something metal BEFORE you touch the computer and see if the same thing happens.

5. bob2709

bob2709 Thread Starter

Its actually going ok now. After 8 hours of problems. Hope i dont talk to soon. I am not totally sure about this, but do pc's have some sensor that knows when the case is being opened, moved etc. I've heard of something called anti-intrusion?

6. ~Candy~

On a home PC? I certainly wouldn't think so, otherwise, I would assume that you would know about it.

7. bob2709

bob2709 Thread Starter

I must be wrong. Its working just now. Thing is, it has happened before, when installed my graphics card, turning pc on and just getting a black screen, no lights on keyboard, no noise from hd. Just fans and led lights going. Thanks for the help by the way.

8. ~Candy~

I guess we'll have to wait to see if it happens again ;) If it does, you might try reseating the graphics card.

You're welcome.

9. norton850

norton850

I had to put a plastic mat under the system I'm sitting in front of now. Every time I waked across the carpet, sat down and touched the case with my foot it would reboot. The last computer in the same position never did that.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/577495

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice