1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer freezing

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jeni393, Jan 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeni393

jeni393 Thread Starter

I have just installed a new hard drive in my system and now it keeps freezing, only for a second or so but it is very irritating. I have an Athlon 1ghz processor on an Elite Group Mainboard with 256mb of ram. I have 2 hdd, one - the new one - is a Maxtor 7200rpm 40 gb and another Maxtor 7200rpm 12 gb. I am using an Nvidia GeForce2 mx200 64mb graphics card. I havent had this problem before, only since I put this new drive in. The previous drive was a Nikimi 40 gb and it gave up after just 6 weeks so I bought the Maxtor. Although the Nikimi was a waste of space I didnt have any of these problems with it. For instance if I am running Real Jukebox and go to print something in MS Word it starts freezing up. I don't have alot of programs running in the background, just what is needed and am now at a loss as to what could be causing it.

2. AAPlus

AAPlus

Hello, jeni393

Have you tryed going to System Information

& then clicking on Problem Devices or have you

been to Maxtor website to see if maybe you need

to update Software

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66822

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice