1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Froze, now graphics problems

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by damonh1992, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damonh1992

damonh1992 Thread Starter

Hello, I was browsing the web earlier and I got a pinkish screen and the computer was froze. I turned it off, waited a bit and tried to reboot. As soon as it started to reboot I noticed yellow vertical lines on the right side of my screen then it switched to a bunch of smaller horizontal lines on the next screen to load. Windows would not load up so I just tried to reboot which it wouldn't. I then tried to start in safe mode and it did. I then tried safe mode with networking and it loaded up. I tried system restore and windows loaded normally but when I tried to play a video it froze up and did the same thing on reboot. I then tried to uninstall/reinstall vid drivers in safe mode but it wouldn't let me. I am using a radeon 6790 vid card. I thought it might be overheating so I cleaned it as well but that did not work either. It is still loading in safe mode...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141919

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice