Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer fully powers/But No Display/Keyboard Mouse

501 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  fergup 
#1 ·
I am officially stumped for the first time in 25 years. Been building PC's forever but cant figure this one out.
Pretty high end PC.z390 Mobo, core i7 8700K, nvidia 2080 TI, full custom loop etc etc. All is within 6 months old.
Suddently a few weeks ago, pc would fully power on with all Fans, pump, rgb lighting on mobo and display card fully finctioning. all looking and sounding as normal, but the display keyboard and mouse would not power. I replaced cmos battery, still same issue. for ha ha replaced power supply.. new corsair RMX. Ive pulled and re-installed the ram and display card.. worked fine for 1 week, now same issue again. occasionally ill unplug pc and let sit, them plug bck in and it will fully becoome operational. Upon shutting down, and then restart, goes back to same issue.
So its not the power, its not the battery. does this sound like a failing/failed mobo?

any suggetions ?

#2 ·
Failing ram can cause not powering on Try Memtest if you can get it to come on:
https://www.wikihow.com/Test-PC-RAM-with-MemTest86
Try with one stick of memory to boot. Graphic card may have a bad solder joint and putting it in and out could have flexed it enough to start working again. If you have a spare card try it, that is the two things you said got it working again. I have a spare HD2400 I use for testing.

#4 ·
OK. in your first post you said " Ive pulled and re-installed the ram and display card.." Try reseating the GPU also.

#5 ·
whoops my mistake.. one other thing that i believe I ommitted. i do not believe that my post display code is lit up either. I have the MSI pro carbon z390 and i was looking for the post code last night. i dont recall seeing the little screen lit with the code. its dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.