Computer goes back to boot up without cause

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

auburn2000

I have Window98, IE5, Modem, Midwest Micro computer.

I have two problems the first one started along time ago;

When I am on the internet sometimes without cause I not only get knocked off of the internet my computer goes all the way back to boot up.
Sometimes in the morning when I first go onto the internet it takes three times getting kicked back to boot up before I can get on.
It doesn't do it all of the time but it is awfully anoying. Anyone know why it does this?
I called my server and they went into my log and my log says my computer said to shut down. Hum, can anyone help?

Second problem; This just started a short time ago. When I connect to the internet it connects with verifying user name and than it repeats that and than it takes forever maybe 3 minutes to finally connect. I thought I had tried everything to make it connect but I know there must be a box somewhere to check to make it work. Can anyone help with this one. My laptop connects to the same line and it does not take that long to connect, so I know it is my computer not the phone line.
Thank you for reading all of this and I appreciate any help you may give me.
auburn2000

Who is your Internet Service Provider (ISP)?

If you don't have AOL or CompuServe I would go into Networks within the Contol Panel and delete all enties, reboot, and then re-add ISP using Dial-up Networking. This way you will start fresh.

auburn2000

I went back into network and deleted everything and than it told me to restart my computer. I did and than it had me put in windows98, I did. than it restarted again.
I checked and my provider was on under internet connection, under connections. So I figured I was set up again, so I tried to go online and it booted me off again. So I had to put windows in again and I went to the wizard and just said I wanted to put an existing connection onto this computer, hope that was ok. So now I do have internet connection again, so I will wait and see if I get kicked off again.
If I messed up on anything please let me know, I do appreciate your help so much.
auburn2000

It did not work like I thought, but who cares as long as it's working. Nice job.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online