1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer goes into hibernation mode on startup.

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by lboucher317, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lboucher317

lboucher317 Thread Starter

Hi Everyone. I am currently running Windows ME and my computer goes straight into hibernation mode about 20 seconds after I turn it on. I can move the mouse which will power it up again, but then it goes straight back into hibernation and its driving me crazy. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. buddythedog

buddythedog

20 seconds is less than the choices in control panel, but have you looked in the Power Option settings to see what's enabled?

3. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

Go into the Power icon in the Control Panel, change the power scheme to "Always On" and change everything else to "Never". Click Apply - OK afterwards. I don't recall if you need to reboot afterwards. If you do, it'll prompt you to do so.

Stay away from advanced power management options, such as hibernate, suspend, standby, etc..

---------------------------------------------------------------

4. lboucher317

lboucher317 Thread Starter

I already have the power management checked to "always on." However, I will boot up the computer and just as my desktop comes up the computer goes into hibernation. Then it takes me about 4 or 5 reboots before the computer will stop going into hibernation.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/397273