1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer goes straight to sleep mode when turned on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hiteckredneck, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hiteckredneck

hiteckredneck Thread Starter

My daughter has a Gateway 2000. As far as i know she turned it on one day and it went straight to sleep mode and has been that way every since. I have no ability to access the computer and I have no idea what to do to solve the problem. I did replace the video card but made no difference. Thanks in advance for any possible help.

2. hiteckredneck

Just to clarify when i say say sleep mode i mean when you push the on button to turn the computer on, It turns green for just a sec and then then goes orange so the monitor never comes out of sleep mode.

3. hiteckredneck

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    A Gateway 2000 is a very old computer. It may be the Power supply has gone bad or that the computer has just died as in bad motherboard. If this is as I suspect a computer that was new in the LAte 90's or 2000, it really isn't much worth throwing money into. Finding parts for repair isn't going to be easy. Just to Clarify the Model, It says Gateway2000 on the front of the case right?

Is this similar to what you have http://www.smartcomputing.com/images/smartcomputing/thumb/00205931.jpg

5. hiteckredneck

Its a Gateway 500x. The computer was purchased in 2002.
    Thank you for you time and any possible help with this problem!

6. hiteckredneck

Thanks for any help!!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/883597

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice