computer goes to page after "switch user" by iteself when not in use

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

paulsailer

Starting several weeks ago, after someone used it, my computer started going to the page I after the log off, switch user page when it was not being used. This is the page I would get to if I delibertly went to the start menue, clicked " log off" then clicked "switch user"

In order to get back to the main screen I now have to click onto the block with my user name. .

When the computer is not being used , the screen goes blank (as it did before) (because of power managment), but once I hit any key, what comes up is the little box I have to click to switch on as a user, instead of the main screen. .

How can I get the computer to work the way it did before.

Right click the desktop, properties, screensaver tab, power, advanced tab, uncheck "prompt for password when computer resumes from standby" and click ok.
In the screensaver tab, uncheck "on resume..." and click ok.

paulsailer

Thank you, unchecking the "... on resume" solved the problem. Thannk you! Thank you!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online