1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer had a bsod whilst playing a game..now computer won't boot.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by duckay, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. duckay

duckay Thread Starter

I was playing Burnout when the computer crashed and the blue screen error came up. Since then when I turn the computer on all the fans turn on, HDD activity light flashes but nothing appears on the monitor.I can't boot in to safe-mode or enter the bios settings. I've tried using the 8800gt and the onboard gfx (950 gma) but nothing appears. I read that taking the ram out and then turning it on the mobo should beep..but it didn't however it did beep when I didn't plug the cable in to the 8800gt.

I have a Asrock 1333-D667 mobo
    Windows 7 RC
    2gb Ram
    8800gt 512mb
    E2180 @2.00GHz

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

No beep without ram installed does not look good. Here is some basic troubleshooting you can do.

1 Open the case and pull the pw connectors from ALL drives; both hd and optical.
    2 Remove all add-in cards except the video card
    3 Disconnect any usb type device; ie hub, printer, scanner, etc.
    4 Clear cmos with the clear jumper for a min of 20~30seconds. Replace jumper to keep position.
    5 Now attempt a pw ON of the system and see if it will post.

If it does post in the above config, then shutdown and add devices one at a time until you find the problem. If it does not post, then start replacing parts with known good units.

FWIW I would start with the pw supply as the first part replaced.

3. duckay

duckay Thread Starter

I've cleared the CMOS and I've tried using a different PSU (600w) but the same thing still happens..=[

4. duckay

duckay Thread Starter

k, so I got it to boot in to windows 7, i used it for about 3 hours and then I restarted it for updates but now it won't boot up again...

When I got it to boot up it displayed "Keyboard interface error, F1 to continue"
    also when i got it to boot up the clock was 2 years behind..=/

could it be the CMOS Battery?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/857021

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice