1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer hanging while playing music

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MrIbanez, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MrIbanez

MrIbanez Thread Starter

Ok just recently the computer has been hanging a lot. Except, it only occurs when there is music or some kind of sound playing on the computer when the computer monitor goes on standby.

After a prolonged period of time playing music, the computer screen will hang just before it reaches standby and all sounds will end. This is occured many times. I usually leave the computer idle while playing music on MusicMatch. But it has also happened when I was using an online metronome and playing midi files on a program called PowerTab Editor.

I have not come across any other instances of computer freezings so I think its related to the sound card. I updated my drivers and downloaded a new version of SoundMax for my motherboard (Intel mobo... its number has 'PERL' in it... can't remember the other numbers) but the problem persists. Any suggestions for troubleshooting this?

I'm running on a Windows XP Pro with about 70 C for temp. (not very accurate)

2. Mithrilhall

Mithrilhall

Update your sound card drivers and see if that fixes the problem.

3. MrIbanez

MrIbanez Thread Starter

The sound card drivers were updated and the problem still occurs. If it helps to know... the sound card is integrated into the intel board.

4. MrIbanez

MrIbanez Thread Starter

5. MrIbanez

MrIbanez Thread Starter

ok well, it turns out that the computer still freezes even if it is not idle. I was talkin on ventrilo (a voice chat program) when it froze on me.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!