Computer Hanging

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

[email protected]

I recently download some new Nvidia driver updates, my computer begun to hang and freeze every-time I put a CD in the disk drive. I tried removing the drivers to reinstall them...today I found out I might have a virus. I think I might have a virus because I received 2 return to sender emails that I never sent. Currently my problem is...

My drives have all been removed and I can not reinstall because my computer freezes every-time I try to access a cd in the cd rom drive. Nothing will auto-run either. Please let me know what more you guys need, I am new and not sure how to help you help me... Thanks to anyone that can give me help.

I also ran House Call virus scan and it found nothing.

I am currently running Windows XP

Have you tried running system restore? That might solve your problems.

Joel

You could try downloading the driver again and save to disc,then open the folder to see what all came with the download(there may be c**p in there that you don't want).Just find the driver,load it ,and delete everything else.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online