1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Hangs After Being Placed in Standby

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by rossmeyer, Dec 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rossmeyer

rossmeyer Thread Starter

After installing Office 2000 Professional, and all recommended updates, my computer hangs after I place it in standby. The only way I can regain control is to turn off the computer power switch and start "from scratch." I'm using Windows 98 SE. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Do you have 'fast find' (or find fast, whatever it's called) running at startup?

3. ~Candy~

Rec'd PM from user, fast find is unchecked.....

I want to know what other items are running on the start up tab in MSCONFIG.

4. ~Candy~

Another PM from user (Ross, you can reply back to the thread)

Computer Hangs Up in Standby
    AtiCwd32, NPROTECT,QD FastAndSafe, RealTray, NAV DefAlert, ConfigSafe, ESSOLO, AEZBProc, Norton Auto-Protect, Critical Update, LoadPowerProfile, System Tray, Scan Registry, ATIPta, Ati2cwxx, NPROTECT, CSINJECT.exe, Scheduling Agent, ATIPOLAB, Microsoft Office Start Up.

My response:

You can reply to the thread so other people can help as well..

I would disable everything except the systray and scan registry and re enable one by one to find the problem.......maybe the office startup is the problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62954

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice