1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer hangs (mup.dll or mup.sys?)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Zedrik, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zedrik

Zedrik Thread Starter

I have Windows XP.
    I shut my computer down, but it hung up at the desktop wall paper and did not go to the Windows shutting down... screen.
    After a bit, the computer just shut down without going to that screen.
    I was concerned and started the computer back up and it hung up for a while, but then continued as normal.
    My malware scans didn't show anything bad, so I started up in safe mode to see if it did it there, too.
    As it was showing all the drivers loading up, it hangs at mup.dll or mup.sys or something similar for a bit then continues on as normal.

This seems to be mostly a minor inconvenience right now, but I am concerned it might cause more problems.

2. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/785828