1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer hard-ware working half-assed. WoW fps max 15, help!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by ajlaga, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ajlaga

ajlaga Thread Starter

Well iv recently been reading up on forums about laptops with 'ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M' gfx cards, 'AMD 3000+ ~1.8ghz' processors and '1g+ RAM' running WoW and similar games fine with around 30 / 40 fps. Now considering how i have the same gfx card, processor and a little more ram than 1 gig i am a little pissed of that my computer can hardly run wow at more than 15fps...

My computer is a compaq presariov v2417AU laptop. It is virus clean with updated drivers and the like. How on earth do people using laptops, with pretty much the same hardware as me get such a higher fps rate. Need help here, any tweaks ect i can try on my hardware?
    Iv read up on overclocking ect, exept half the owners of the 'almost the identical laptop' do not overclock, yet their laptop runs far more efficiently than mine.
    Im not completely computer illiterate so dont spare the indepth explanations :)

Cheers,
    Aj

2. ajlaga

ajlaga Thread Starter

i guess i should have posted this in hardware :\
    but its game related i guess, oh well. Help :)

3. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Guest

Well um...in real life this is what they call..''Get Owned''.
    Sorry, maybe you should try Defragmenting your laptop, and the likes..

And since you are using a laptop, maybe it could be linked to ur connection? Anyways, i dont think many people like the people putting expletives in the topic..anyways..

how much diskspace do u have? ...uhh

4. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    What detail / graphics settings are you trying to run it at?
    Are you doing PvE or PvP, it will make a big difference?
    Just because people say they are running those fps doesn't necessarily make it true!

I used to run WoW quite happily on my laptop which is a Celeron processor, Intel GMA945 graphics and 2Gb RAM. Not sure of exact framerates but it was easily playable and smooth. However, I had to turn the graphics settings right down to just above minimum in a lot of cases to do this.

5. ajlaga

ajlaga Thread Starter

iv got about 8gig harddisc space free at the moment.

and my wow settings are all at the minimal >.<
    I read somewhere about my 'ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M' gfx card being shared memory with my 1gig ram?
    perhaps its not sharing 'enough' memory or something? i wouldnt really have a clue.
    Help :)

6. Chrismichael

Chrismichael

Yeah your card is sharing memory, I shut down a ton of process' before I play and it helps a lot.

7. Codemaster

Codemaster

Make sure your clean on spyware/viruses and have nothing else running.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752598

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice