Computer has no sound and can't connect to the internet

CT92

I have an HP Pavilion laptop with windows 10 and all of a sudden I'm unable to turn the sound on. It also says I am not connected to the internet, but I can surf the web and I can use web pages like youtube, just can't listen to the sound. I've ran the troubleshooting but there's no suggested fix.

cwwozniak

Chuck
As this problem may be hardware and driver-specific, please tell us the full and exact model number of your HP laptop.

Did you do any Windows update or install any new software just prior to the problems first occurring?

CT92

The model number is 15-dk0068wm

It may have auto updated.

Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Update history and you will see when it automatically updated.

CT92

So with in the last week when this problem occurred. I have a failed update for Windows 10 version 20H2, still looks like it's attempting to update but is unable to download, sits at 0%. The last quality update was for Windows 10 Version 2004 (KB4023057) 04/29 was successful.

Other updates:
Apple USB update for USB Device on 05/03
Security intelligence update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus updates every day it looks like.

Which version of Windows 10 are you running now. Press the Windows key, and type in "winver".

CT92

Windows Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.928)
I do. There's a couple of iphones in the family, usually, just charge the phones off the laptop.

Should I uninstall Windows update and try to reinstall it?

managed

Allan
The download and the install can take a long time so I would try leaving Windows Update on overnight, it may install the 20H2 version then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online