1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer has random freezing issues.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SilenceAwaitsYou, Mar 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilenceAwaitsYou

SilenceAwaitsYou Thread Starter

Hello! firstly, thank you for taking the time to read all this, i truly appreciate any help with this as it's been bothering me for a very long time now.

The problem currently is applications going unresponsive and basically freezing for 30 seconds to 2 minutes at a time at random times. This issue also doesn't seem to be related to any programs i currently use and doesn't seem to be caused by heavy use (cpu tends to stick around 50% at most, under 10% when idle).

I've tried to get help or even a clue as to why this is happening but haven't gotten any that seem to be relevant to my situation.

To give a little background information on my computers lifespan, this issue came to be after my computer was locked into an infinite restart cycle (computer would turn on, load up to before windows logo and restart), i then brought it into a computer shop who deals with that type of issue and they managed to fix it and then told me that it had something to do with a wifi adapter that was in my tower, i didn't think anything of it but after having gotten my computer back from them did the freezing become a big issue, it would happen every 30 mins to an hour at random times (sometimes even 10 minutes apart of the last one) and i have no means of stopping it once it starts (only waiting for all the programs to respond again)

If anyone can give any insight into any solutions, i'd greatly appreciate the help.

Computer specs go as follow

Inter Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz
    32.0 GB of installed memory (RAM)
    GTX 1050 TI GPU

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    If a computer shop told me that, I change the wifi adapter in my computer.

You could also connect by ethernet and see if the freezing issue disappears. If it doesn't that seems to point strongly to be a problem with the wifi adapter.

Does the problem occur in safe mode?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225072

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice