1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer having trouble waking up.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Heloise, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Heloise

Heloise Thread Starter

The screen on my computer flickers white and blue horizontal lines when it tries to come out of sleep mode. It can take anywhere from a minute or two to several minutes to return to normal. Neither rebooting nor removing the battery have resolved this problem. :confused:

2. Rynet

Rynet

Reseat the graphics card and clean the connectors from monitor to graphics card and see if that helps. If not then it is either the graphics card or the monitor. If your MB comes with an onboard video card then switch it to that and see if the problem persists. If it does then its the monitor. If not, Its the video card. If it does not have an on-board video card or you do not have another video card to test this, then try a different monitor.

3. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

Sounds like there's an issue with your video card. Did you try a system restore?

Also Check Device Manager:
    1. Right-click My Computer
    2. Select Manage
    3. Select Device Manager in left pane
    4. Expand [+] Display adapters in right pane
    Does your video card have a yellow or red icon (indicating a problem)? If so you might have to reinstall and update your video drivers.
    And please tell me which the name of the video card installed.

4. Rynet

Rynet

Could be video card or monitor hence why I asked him/her to run the diagnostics.

5. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

Oops sorry Rynet didn't see you Posted! :p

6. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

Yes you're correct about making sure it could be the monitor and running a diagnostics! While I was typing my post you hadn't posted yet. I took to long (at work lol) Sorry about that.

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

Try updating your graphics driver. Drivers that are not WHQL are not guaranteed to work with sleep or hibernation. They need to be able to reinitialize after waking up.

Does the same happen with hibernation?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029159

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice