Computer Headphones

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SamAmbrose

i recently bought a new computer, and it was it, and i MEAN, perfect cndition. it was fast, super powerfu;, and could run 5 versions of Halo 2 at the same time. But, now it gotten worse, and A huge problem I literally discovered like an hour ago was that now i can't hear anything unless my headphones aren't plugged in. It's really getting on my nerves, and i really need to get some help QUICK!!!! Any help is appreiciated, but hurry please!

--Ambrose

PS-My hadphones are memorex, and some smaller ones, but like ones you get with a computer.

ozziebeanie

Serena
Need more info, I take it if you can only hear if head set is NOT plugged in that means you have speakers connected so you can hear, are your speakers connected through an amp or just direct to the computer?

If direct to the computer I am guessing that you have to change the sound settings to headset after using the speakers, unless you get an amp that has a switch where it will go from one to the other.

(I am traveling, so may not answer any questions that come from my posts quickly)

SamAmbrose

My computer is a Dell Vostro 420 with an Intel Core2 Duo Processor. And it is hokked up directly to the Computer, and yes, I can only hear sound when my speakers are dominant sound devices. I think it just might be a problem in my Headsets, so I might just buy another pair. but, if this helps, I was listening top a youtube video and all of a sudden I lost all sound. When I got behind the computer everything was fine, and when I unplugged and plugged in the sound jack, I got sound for a split second.

Thanks

ozziebeanie

Serena
Unless your head set has crapped out, or if not (test them on something else (a stereo) and if your sound and audio device icon is not in your task bar go to start >>>> Settings >>>>> Control Panel >>>> Sounds and Audio devices, change the type of device you are using to headset, as because the speakers are connected up directly it will switch over to them but you need to switch it back to head set, and if it does not stay there maybe un-plug the speakers when using the head set.

Test the speakers on something else first and change it over to head set first before throwing them out and getting a new pair, and also make sure your volume is up, some headsets have volume on the lead also, (done this myself once) and checked all volume settings and wondered why I could not hear.

SamAmbrose

Alright, turned out that my speakers just got blown, so I just bought another headset and another set of speakers.

Thanks dude!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online