1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer help please! I think one of my hardware things is failing?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ooojane, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ooojane

ooojane Thread Starter

Lately for past 2 days my computer will freeze. Then last night, it froze and I manually turned off the power using the power button. When I turned it back I on, it took me to system repair, and it could not solve the problem. Then somehow once in a while it does and i can access my login welcome page, windows 7 x64. I login and my computer was very very slow (I had my regular desktop up), and when i clicked "My Computer" I went to the bottom where it has your information about your system. And it couldn't read my processor, ram, or OS info. And any program I clicked would not work, I couldn't click anything around my startup menu, though I could bring it up. My avast antivirus was shut off, it would notify me that. I couldn't use anything in my programs, except I could use google chrome browser and browse the internet, and msn messenger. I clicked to system restore, and it took like 10 min for it to pop up. Then i had it restore to a day before and rebooted. Then I log back in and it comes to a black screen and says Windows 7 version is Invalid. I know this is not true, because i bought the cd. It's Valid. So i pop in my cd, and had it update to windows 7 again. And then my computer worked fine. I played on it for like 3 hours, everything fine. Then it freezes. I turn it off and back on, And this time I couldn't fix it, at all. I ran system repair like 10 times. I would let it start, and it would flicker a blue screen for a split second during "Starting up" page, then go to system repair. And somehow this time it worked (next morning). But I'm afraid it will happen again.

Also before I did the update, the computer did a little compatibility report to make sure everything is fine for the next update and the windows compatibility report says, "These devices might not work properly after the upgrade. Before upgrading, we recommend updating the drivers for these devices. Cancel the upgrade, open Control Panel and search for "update device drivers", or go to the device manufacturer's website to search for updated drivers.
    Storage controllers: AXIMFQYO IDE Controller".

I don't know if this has anything to do with it. But before I updated my first windows 7 version, It had no compatibility issue with that.

Has anyone had this problem?
    My specs are
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 4.00 GB RAM
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
    Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit operating system

2. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

Well it sounds like it could be a hard drive failing issue I am not sure though.

3. CAPSLOCK

CAPSLOCK

Backup your files and reimage the system. Hard drives these days are pretty reliable, but they still do fail. That's why manufacturers usually put five year warranties on them now and give the option to extend it. Some for free if you register.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918544

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice