1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Hijacked

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Herbshelp, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Herbshelp

Herbshelp Thread Starter

Hi, I been having problems recently with my IE8, I am on XP. The problem is my computer keeps opening multiple pages with out me even doing anything, upto 100 pages sometimes! I look in my task manager an I have 2 or 3 iexplore.exe listed as open.
    Virgin told me that my laptop has probably been hijacked and that they could sort it out if I signed up to a £10/month maintanence contract??
    Any one with any ideas out there?

2. Wepynx

Wepynx

Go toin IE Tools, internet Options, Advanced Tab, and try resetting IE. Let us know what happens after that.

3. Herbshelp

Herbshelp Thread Starter

Done that, so far so good. I will let you know if anything starts again.
    Many thanks

4. Herbshelp

Herbshelp Thread Starter

Bad news, it didnt work. Also when I look in my history there appears to be alot of websites on there which I haven't visited!!
    Any ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086437

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice