Computer Hijacked

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Herbshelp

Hi, I been having problems recently with my IE8, I am on XP. The problem is my computer keeps opening multiple pages with out me even doing anything, upto 100 pages sometimes! I look in my task manager an I have 2 or 3 iexplore.exe listed as open.
Virgin told me that my laptop has probably been hijacked and that they could sort it out if I signed up to a £10/month maintanence contract??
Any one with any ideas out there?

Go toin IE Tools, internet Options, Advanced Tab, and try resetting IE. Let us know what happens after that.

Herbshelp

Done that, so far so good. I will let you know if anything starts again.
Many thanks
Bad news, it didnt work. Also when I look in my history there appears to be alot of websites on there which I haven't visited!!
Any ideas?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online