Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer Incredibly slow. Hard drive failing?

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  omgkevin 
#1 ·
Well, some time ago I played my PC and it loaded perfectly fine. I had about 6-7 games installed (Ghost Recon Online, Aion, Mabinogi, DC Universe, etc) and then the next day upon opening my computer, it loaded VERY VERY slowly. Start up would take anywhere from 15-30 minutes, and loading any page (web page, computer, any process) would take a huge amount of time to do. Not to mention it also freezes before trying to load the page. I thought it was because I had too much *stuff* on my computer, so I reformatted it. I had Windows 7 Home premium installed at the time.

Nvidia GeForce 220 Series
8GB ram
Intel core i-3 2.33GHz
1 TB hard drive

I had bought Windows 7 Ultimate recently, so I tried installing it since Ultimate seems more awesome than Home Premium (not sure of the difference, I didn't check it beforehand) and installed that upon reformatting my computer. Still, after doing that the computer loaded the same. VERY VERY slowly. I didn't hear any *hard drive failing* sounds such as a ticking or flailing violin, but since my computer has 920GB of space left and my desktop is virtually clean, I'm not sure what to do now.

So is it my hard drive being bad? Or could it be other parts of the computer as well?
Could it be that I installed a different version of Windows 7? I read somewhere that some hard drives don't support certain Windows, so I am not sure since they are still both Windows 7.

My computer also came with 3 DVDs that had the computer name labelled on it, not sure what they do because when I open them there are just a few random files and some BOOT stuff that actually doesn't boot.

I used this computer spraying thing to clean out dust, but that didn't change much either. I sprayed a lot of the computer with it, so could that of damaged anything? (I am sure I didn't spray the hard drive since I can't even see it)

See less See more
#4 ·
Use Seatools For DOS and boot a CD instead of trying to do it from a defective Windows installation.

You mean that it runs that badly and you didn't get any errors whatever while installing Windows?

#5 ·
No errors from installing it, and I ran through some updates on windows several times as well. I will try the Cd installation.

How does it boot from DOS? I open up my computer but it doesn't prompt me with anything to start up the SeaTools

EDIT:
I ran the diagnostic tools from my boot up, and it tested my hard drive and found that

Testing: Booth Path
Error Code: BIOHD-3
Warning: No bootable drives detected

So is that a major problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.