computer infected - redirecting links in firefox and ie, antivirus won't load

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

andiemarie

Hello,

I've run into a problem with my computer. Somehow, it's become infected with trojans - the really annoying ones with the "Would you like to install Windows Antivirus" or "You have xyz trojan, would you like to remove?" popups every ten seconds in the lower-right corner. This happened once before a long while back, and I was able to get rid of it (however I can't, for the life of me, remember how), but they seem to be a lot more resilient this time. Every webpage in both Firefox and Internet Explorer is re-directed somewhere other than where I try to go, or to an "error message," (Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage, etc, only the text on the page is all wrong) and all of my anti-virus or malware removal programs will only run in safe mode. None of them will open when I try to run them on a normal reboot. I ran Adaware and Malwarebytes in safe mode, but the problem still hasn't been resolved.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online