1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer intermittently switching to Dvorak configuration

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by random_guy, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. random_guy

random_guy Thread Starter

Bit of an odd one, this. Since I got my new computer last year, it has been intermittently switching to the dvorak keyboard configuration. It seems to happen with programs which necessitate a lot of keyboard input, especially games and word processing programs. Before I knew about the dvorak configuration, I thought the only way to fix the error was quit out of the application, as that always resets it to the normal configuration. But the most recent time it happened, when I knew about the little taskbar icon, I noticed it had indeed changed to the dvorak configuration, and switching it back via the taskbar fixes the problem. So it's no longer a major hassle, but it is annoying and perplexing. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: I forgot to add that it's happened with two different keyboards, so it's not a keyboard problem, and it doesn't happen on start-up, so it's likely not a program running on start-up which is causing it.

2. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

just check in control panel /keyboard that the standard 101/102 Microsoft natural board is highlighted. if there is any other board in the setting delete it. if using a third party k/board /logitech etc... try
    up dating the drivers for the device from the manufacturer

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/731198

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice