1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer is being mean to me...

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Jseiko, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Jseiko

Jseiko Thread Starter

I'm pretty savy with a computer usually but after resetting it in windows 10 I can't get it back up, it is stuck and says it can't repair and won't let me do anything more with it.

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

What was the reason for the reset please

A number of causes could be the reason the reset has failed
    One for instance is a failing drive
    Another is third party software - some antivirus programs can effect the reset

How did you start the reset - from within Windows or could you not load windows and therefore accessed it another way

Is there anything you really need on the original install - or have you backed up your important data

I presume you do not have an image which you can restore

You say you are pretty savy - on computers so for the time being I suggest you proceed as here
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4026528/windows-10-reset-or-reinstall

with the latter option and then presuming you have your personal data backed up - to an external drive on File History or similar
    you can clean install from the link and then return you personal data

As a starting point boot from the install media and see if it recognises your drive and if so using cmd prompt - see if your data is there.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1240389

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice