1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer is intermittently showing blank cd inserted from DVD-Rom BUT...

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by robotechnoid, Jun 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robotechnoid

robotechnoid Thread Starter

I have a windows XP home edition os pc. To free up some harddrive space, I have been using ahead nero to convert various tv commercials, movie clips, and music videos from different file formats (real player, windows media, quicktime, and mpeg2) to burn on cdr's in video cd format and then delete from the HD. At first everything worked fine. Then the computer started crashing (screen blanks out and computer automatically restarts). I installed EO Video and it worked a few times without a hitch and then the same thing started to happen. Doesn't happen on every file but, it does happen on most. No issues burning data or audio cd's, only with making video cd's. My pc is 2 and a half years old and its power supply was replaced 6 months ago. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/239145

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice