Computer is junk HELP!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

loony_taz00

Hey,

I recently had problems ith my computer not turning on, It would take 4-7 trys for it to fianlly display stuff on the monitor,Eventrully igot around to putting some thermal paste on the cpu

I put the machine all back together and it still had the boot up probelm, Only this time a lot worse, It won't start at all, When i press the power button the fans come on the hard drives spin nd the power led light comes on, So does the hard drive light, but it jsut sits there.. Nothing comes onto the screeen, So i tried this MANY times, same result, I finally decided to unplug everything then try it with jsut the videocard, same thing, Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks in advance

loony_taz00

Finally got the junker to boot up.... Umm, Still would like to know what is causing this problem anyone know?

I'm no expert, but I had the exact same problem and in my case it turned out to be blown capacitors on the motherboard. When I looked inside my computer I was able to see that the tops of virtually all of the capacitors were bulged and/or visibly leaking. By doing a quick google search I found this page with a couple relevant pictures.

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=195

Suspect the Power Supply.

Unless the PSU reports to the motherboard (via the Power_Good line) that all voltages are correct within about 0.5 seconds from power on, the CPU will not reset and allow a bootup to occur.

loony_taz00

Thanks guys, I really hope its not anything wrong wit hthe motherbaord or psu though... LOl, jsut spent all my money, Well things happen , Thanks alot guys I will check for BLOWN capaciters and get back to you

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online