1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer is just running slow and choppy.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by SnareRiff, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnareRiff

SnareRiff Thread Starter

My computer is starting to run slow and choppy. When I open up Firefox it takes a second and it's usually really slow, like I'll click on a tab and it'll take 5-10 seconds to go to that tab. Also if i'm downloading a bittorrent or something and I'm listening to Sirius online or an mp3, everything to slow way down and the music will slow down and be real choppy, and the mouse is really slow. Also sometimes when I'm using Firefox, I'll have to click my mouse on something like 5 times for it to register. My computer is 5-6 years old and I'm hoping it's not dying slowly on me.

Also everytime I download an exe file, such as Internet Explorer setup, it'll open, and I'll get an error saying it's not a valid Win32 application and it won't go any farther.

Is there something I can do to revitalize my computer? I have 1 gig of ram, 2.66 Ghz, and I recentlly defragmented it, but it just seems to get a step slower everyday.

Thank you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/651164

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice