1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer is making an alarm sound!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BizeeB, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BizeeB

BizeeB Thread Starter

I have a Pionex computer with Windows 98... Yeah, I know it should be trashed, but it is all I have at the moment. My computer made this terrible car alarm sound about two months ago and did not do it again until this weekend. Today, it has done it about every 45 minutes to an hour. It seems to only do this when I'm on the internet. However it did it when my son was playing a Jumpstart game this weekend.
    What the heck is going on?

2. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Howdy BizeeB...

Not familiar with Pionex pc's, but it sounds like it could be giving a warning that it could be over heating, check to make sure that all the fans are in working order ( espicially the CPU fan ), and if you see a lot of dust, clean it out, that will also cause overheating...

Also you may want to check all the connections, and make sure that they are connected good...

3. BizeeB

BizeeB Thread Starter

Where has my thread been moved to?

4. BizeeB

BizeeB Thread Starter

Okay, I found it. My son has removed the dust and so far no crazy noises. Time will tell, or maybe someone with the same problem will let me know.

5. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

If it happens again, check the processor fan. If the bearings are burnt you need to replace it quickly.

6. dai

dai

7. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

Dia I think they are talking about the alarm, not the beep codes. Beep codes don't happen after the computer boots up ;)

8. dai

dai

one of the bios makes an alarm sound,i think it indicates the cpu,from memory, there was a previous post on it a few months ago

9. BizeeB

BizeeB Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply's. I will have my husband check the processor fan tonight. If the bearings are bad, what can we expect to pay to replace it. The $499.00 dell is looking good right now. LOL

10. KeithKman

KeithKman

A good fan is like $15 - $20.

11. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

BizeeB did that computer come with Win98 from the factory?

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166909

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice