computer is messed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bparker

Hello,

my computer is kinda screwed right now and I was hoping that anybody can help. I am not able to install anything, I always get an error message when I do. I have to get everything off of this computer somehow but my cd burner also does not work and I can't reinstall it so I am not going to try to uninstall, the cd-rom works but I can't burn anything. I am running Win98se.

I do have a laptop that I could be using, unfortunately, I can not connect to the internet with that for some bizarre reason.

Any ideas?

gjw

hi bparker,

you posted a thread that was not answered to in business applications on 27-Feb-2005, 09:15 PM, was this the same computer as the current problem.
ie.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:55:14 PM, on 2/27/2005
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

if so
did you manage to put hjt in a permanent folder as requested. can you still run hjt on the p.c. can you post a new hjt log.

if not the same p.c,
what is the error message that comes up, does the floppy drive work.

bparker

not the same computer and I no longer have hijack on this pc. I just tried to uninstal a program and received the error message "error writing temporary file. Make sure the temp folder is valid" and I tried to install another program and received the message "the setup files are corrupted. please obtain a new copy of the software". Another program I tried to install gave me the error "internal error" another, "the directory file cannot be created." Yes my floppy drive works fine

thanks

gjw

hello bparker, most of the mods here like to see a Hijack This Log so:-

First create a permanent folder somewhere like in My Documents and call it hijackthis.

Now Click here to download hijackthis.

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/HijackThis.exe

Download it and click "Save".
Save it to the hijackthis folder you just created.

Click on hijackthis.exe to start the program.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button.
It should scan and then ask if you want to save the log.
Click "Save" to save the log file and then the log will open in word/notepad.

Click on "Edit", then "select all"
Click on "Edit", then "Copy" then Paste the log back in the quick reply section at the bottom of your thread.

Don't have hijackthis fix anything yet.
wait for one the mods to reply.

also regarding the valid temp files,try this link if it happened when trying install M.S products.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=236821

what program were you trying to install when the problem occured,was it a registered copy.try to get that hjt log posted

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online