1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer is picking up TV?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Avi., Jun 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avi.

Avi. Thread Starter

PLEASE HELP
    My computer is a Dell laptop and uses Windows 7. A while ago, I noticed that whenever it is on, it makes a mumbling sound, like very soft voices. At different times the sound is louder, enough that I can make out words, and it appears to be TV or a talk show, even with advertisements. It doesn't matter what speakers or volume I have my computer at, the sound is not affected. If I play something like a youtube vid or a DVD, there is no effect on the noise, I have to turn the volume up to drown it out. My computer does not show it is connected to any other wireless network but my own. I have never had cable, however my house does have a dish satellite on it from previous residents. It is noticeable with headphones, but it may play without headphones lower than I can hear. I do not know if this is a problem with my computer or network, and suspect there is a simple solution, but it is beyond my comprehension. Please help?

2. CLOUDYMOON

CLOUDYMOON Banned

First Name:
    MOON
    hello AVI

While minds better then mine come to your aid here know this-

Almost any device with a speaker placed in a high enough voltage electro magnetic field that is also a voice signal can be over loaded by that voice signal and be heard, some times real load.

once in a parking lot, i was listening to a CD in my SUV, suddenly huge loud voice guy is on my CD player talking about baby food, as i look in rear view i see this small truck with a huge pigtail CB (shortwave?) radio antenna on truck roof and guy in front seat is hanging up a CB mike. long to short this guy had a huge against the law high power/wattage CB rig in truck, this was some illegal hobby of his. he said it could even overwhelm a cell phone.
    make sure your sat dish is not powered to something,
    like your 120 line (US), as well a electrician could not hurt as well.

Also you may be getting a local talk am station on computer-its possible:eek:

I don't have the brains god gave a monkey wrench but think
    this video shows good example of what is happening to you.
    PS it seems the secret to making this thing is a extra non light emitting polarization diode which make all voltage in the phone signal move towards the led.

MOON:sleep:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  3. CLOUDYMOON

CLOUDYMOON Banned

First Name:
    MOON
    ALSO I just remembered, if a local station has a directional antenna, that can blast your equipment (AND YOU) -
    such a antenna is beamed and directional as opposed to 360 spread, see if you can get same interference effect off another device like a hearing aid, old TV without digital antenna.
    also such a blast has lowered many a house market value
    if you live in a well educated (UK) area and they check for such things. IN USA you can call FCC, but if its off a cell phone tower, there's a 250.00 fine for even contesting its presence, yep, go to court, pay for a hearing, get a big fine for even trying. a guy told me that and i thought him nuts, till i looked it up, cell company folks seemed to think someone might think those towers a bad idea some day, so they rigged complaints before they even started, there a great you tube about a community that
    won tho, think it was the double cancer out break that
    got things going, but this was in modern civilization
    the UK.

MOON

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1172784

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice