1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer is slow whith downloading and streaming.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by RaymanInVa, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaymanInVa

RaymanInVa Thread Starter

I am running Windows 2000.I have broadband and until today I haven't had this problem.First a little background...
    I installed Systems Works with no problems
    I installed Webroot Spy Sweeper and I think that may have been the start of my problem.
    When Streaming videos it takes FOREVER if at all to play. Downloading is a joke.What usually took a minute to download is so slow now that I usually just cancel it.I went to Windows Updates and thought that would help.but it didn't.I unistalled Spy Sweeper thinking that would help but it didn't.I'm thinking (and it is quite possible I am wrong)that I may have deleted something I shouldn't have when I swept and deleted Spy/ADware.

Any Thoughts???

PS..Even going from Webpage to Webpage is slow

2. RaymanInVa

RaymanInVa Thread Starter

Anyone?......Bueller?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!