1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer is stuck at logo screen?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by a1snipe06, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. a1snipe06

a1snipe06 Thread Starter

I tried to flash drive on another computer it worked fine, but on my desktop it will not..

If i turn my dektop on without the flash drive it comes up and says Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

If i insert the flash drive it freezes..
    If i start the computer with the flash drive in, it wont even get to the screen it freezes at the screen that tells me to press f12 for this, esc for that etc etc.

This person has the same problem..
    except I dunno if they mentioned it was a boot device on her external drive.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/273163-28-system-freezes-logo-screen-plugged

And I cant boot from my origonal Hard drive because I believe its gone bad, If i start it with that hard drive it says Reboot and select proper boot device, its like it doesnt even recognize it, which im guessing means its gone bad.. But it wont freeze with that hard drive, but I also cant do anything.

Also can it be a virus if so how can i get rid of it? Cause even if i unplug that hard drive and put in my thumb drive, it still freezes, where can the virus be?
    Err I just need some help with this.

2. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

Change BIOS settings, boot up with the Win7 CD in the drive, and go to the Recovery Console. At the command prompt, type "Fixboot", then type "Fixmbr", then "Bootcfg /rebuild" all without the quotes.

3. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

4. a1snipe06

a1snipe06 Thread Starter

I dont have the CD. I just have it on a flash drive, is there a difference?

5. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

Yes. So you have win7 on a usb drive and you're attempting to install windows? Is your Bios set to boot from USB?

6. a1snipe06

a1snipe06 Thread Starter

I have an ISO bootable windows 7 on a flash drive mah buddy gave me. It worked for my other laptop.. But on the desktop it freezes once inserted.

7. a1snipe06

a1snipe06 Thread Starter

yeh my computer recognized the HDD as a flash drive, so I click HDD and unplug my hard drive from my computer itself.

8. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

Can you give me more information about the desktop (make/model) and is there any version of windows installed on the desktop? You say the hardrive is bad- do you mean the actual hardware or the internal hardrive/partition?

9. a1snipe06

a1snipe06 Thread Starter

Its an HP.
    Model Number is p6310f.
    I dunno im guessing the hard drive itself. I dunno what the difference is.

10. a1snipe06

a1snipe06 Thread Starter

And yes widnows 7 was on it...

11. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

What error do you get when you boot the PC normally? Do you even see windows attempting to start or just a black screen?

12. a1snipe06

a1snipe06 Thread Starter

It starts up with the usual HP screen that shows f12 for this f10 for this etc, and about 10 seconds into it it says something about insert bootable device or something.. I can get into the bios and stuff so long as the thumb drive with windows isnt in, but once that goes in, its a wrap lol.

13. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

When you get into the BIOS settings (leave the USB drive out) Tell me what is the 1st boot. You need it to boot from USB Should look like this:

1st boot device to USB
    by using "- "or "+" keys, then press F10 to save and reboot the computer. This time you will see the computer boots from the USB flash drive. [​IMG]

14. a1snipe06

a1snipe06 Thread Starter

Alright 1 sec let me do it on the dkestop. 1 second.

15. a1snipe06

a1snipe06 Thread Starter

I dont have USB just cd rom group, hdd group, floppy group and network boot group

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029560

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice