computer is very slow

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

walsh29

I hsve a very new computer an acer. I also have high speed internet . the computer is only a couple of months old. can anyone help me?

1002richards

Retired Trusted Advisor
Hi and Welcome,
Are you familiar with msconfig? It lets you see what progs are running at startup, guide with screenshots here: http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/msconfig_win7.html don't change anything you're unsure about - please ask here first.

There's also a prog called HijackThis which gives a lot more info about what's up with your machine but you need an expert to interpret the info & guide you through what needs to be changed. Perhaps someone who can advise you on that will chip in.

Richard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online