1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer isn't working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MusicBlaze, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MusicBlaze

MusicBlaze Thread Starter

12 hours ago my Alienware x51 was working and now it's not.

It wasn't going out of standby mode so I turned it off manually by the power button, when I turned it back on, the fans started blowing at max speed and it still wouldn't appear on my monitor.
    It's not a monitor issue since I tried another system on it.

It's not HDMI, I'd like to believe it's not a power supply problem. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated

I've already turned it off and unplugged everything, waited an hour, turned it back on and still same problem.

I have a video of it blowing but i don't know how to upload it here if needed cause new to the site.

2. MusicBlaze

MusicBlaze Thread Starter

Anybody..?

3. chitownbob

chitownbob

When you turn it on do you hear the bios beep? If so, what is pattern?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

4. lynx1021

lynx1021

I had my Dell PowerEdgeSC430 (10 years old) do that over the holidays and had an orange light on the power button. The fans sounded like a jet engine. Checked the board and found several bulged capacitors. With mine I found the orange light meant board failure so I got a used one off eBay and replaced it over the holidays. Is your X51 under warranty? What is the service tag? The manual might have some trouble shooting tips. They made several revisions of the X51.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1183384

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice