1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Issues

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Xyphon, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Xyphon

Xyphon Thread Starter

I just reformatted in an attempt to fix this and start from scrath but the following are still an issue:

-Sound does not work. (I have reinstalled drivers all day and done all I can think of)

-Error Message "511-CPU Fan not detected." when I boot the computer up. (I have talked to assistants from Microsoft and Compaq and I understand most of it. It says it isnt connected but the fan it self still runs and does its job)

-In Device Manager under Ports (COM & LTP) Communications Port (COM2) is NOT working properly and I have no idea why.

I have no idea what happened I left for the day came back, Started the computer up, on Boot I got the error, when I logged on practically EVERY piece of hardware was detected and installed.

Spec's (Tell me if you need more)
    Model: Evo D510 SFF
    Manufacturer: Compaq

Right about now I am looking for any possible help because I have no clue what else to try/do.

2. TheCube

TheCube

Hi,

Since you formatted your PC have you got all the updates from Microsoft? It's just that you do not say if you have or have not.

3. Xyphon

Xyphon Thread Starter

Yes I have gotten every update and all my drivers these issues were before and after I reformatted

4. Xyphon

Xyphon Thread Starter

Bump for help please

5. Xyphon

Xyphon Thread Starter

Do people just pass problems up here?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!