Computer just stops

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

24giovanni

Banned
Win 98 se machine.... My computer boots up, after does the memory count and just stops. What things should I check for please?

24giovanni

Banned
Candy, nope they are securely fitted. Any other things you can think of? Please let me know. I appreciate your help a lot.

TIA

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi can it boot into safe mode?
Check Device manager..for driver problems..[yellow exclamation marks]
Reboot..choose command prompt..scanreg /restore

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi is it stopping during the memory count? or does it finish counting?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I'd look for anything else that could be loose. Pull any add in cards and reinsert them. Be sure that the hard drive is connected securely to the motherboard and the back of the drive, as well as the floppy and cdrom.

If they are, try disconnecting all of them and see if you can't get further into the boot sequence....

What's the story on this system? Did this just start happening? Was the system moved? Anything else that we need to know about?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Then I would disconnect things as I mentioned above.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online