Computer keep on re-scanning c drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

leannoon

Hi Everyone,

When I turned on my computer a pop-up box "There is an error in Microsoft". I ignored the prompt and continue to do my thing on the on the computer... such as: surf the net and use the applications. Last night when I boosted my computer, the computer prompt " due to the fact that I didn't turn off my applications before shutting down my computer so it's now scanning my c drive." But it doesn't stop after it finished scanning. It starts the whole process again and again (scanning the c-drive). Please, help me fix the problem. Thank-you.

Leann

Are you able to start Windows in Safe Mode and do a System Restore?

To start in Safe Mode tap the f8 key about once a second promptly on restart -- you should get a boot menu. Choose Safe Mode.

Then in Safe Mode run msconfig and select "launch System Restore" and choose a prior date.

It's possible you have a damaged registry and this might resolve it. But if chkdsk runs again, be sure to let it complete. If the problem persists, you may have a bad drive. Non destructive diagnostic utilities are available through the Hard drive vendor.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online