1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Keeps Crashing and Sometimes Refuses to Start Up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Chezbooger, Oct 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chezbooger

Chezbooger Thread Starter

Hello my computer keeps crashing, the screen freezes and the last sound that played just keeps playing in a terrible way. I checked reliability report and it says all the crashes are hardware related problems. Sometimes when I tried to boot up my computer just starts up and doesn't post, my keyboard and mouse don't light up. Sometimes it does post but it posts "last overclock failed" or something along those lines. It is extremely frustrating to deal with.

PC Specs
    Motherboard: MSI 970 Gaming
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce 770
    Hard drive: Western Digital Blue 1TB
    PSU: EVGA 500 Watt
    CPU: AMD FX 8320 Black Edition 3.5 Ghz
    Case: Corsair SPEC 02
    Ram: 12 GB (I had 16 but the other 4 went into hardware reserved.)

I disabled the turbo boost for my CPU so it wouldn't suck a lot of power.

Please help with what's wrong on my computer, I have been getting these crashes for the past year.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Are you currently or have you been OC'ing the computer?

In any case, assuming not, I'd suspect a motherboard (BIOS) or power issue.

You could try restoring the BIOS back to factory default.

I'd also consider upgrading the power supply. Verify with your actual hardware, but the GTX 770, for example, requires a 600w minimum power supply ( https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-770/specifications ).

3. Chezbooger

Chezbooger Thread Starter

I did not overclock my computer and the last time I tried to overclock my PC was around 2 years ago. Everything is base speed right now. I was thinking it was the power supply as well, just not 100% sure.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218034

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice