1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer keeps freezing- a problem with Quickplay? help

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by friedgold, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. friedgold

friedgold Thread Starter

I just got my computer back from being repaired (Lots of viruses- Norton is pants) and it had a total re install of Vista done.
    But it keeps freezing randomly- about 6 times last night!
    I thought I maybe had a virus still so i ran my Panda antivirus scan and it freezes when it gets to this folder:
    c:\SWsetup\QPW\data1.cab[.......]
    (I think this is the Quickplay folder, hm?)

It has frozen here 5 times, even once in safe mode.
    Could there be something wrong with this file?
    Should I take it back to the shop?

Thanks in advance

2. carynelaine

carynelaine

You could try ( in safe mode, no networking ) uninstall Quickplay and the game or program that uses it, then ditch the Quicktime folder, and do a registry clean up...
    or you could try re-installing your programs for compatabilty with Windows Vista ( a box should come up asking you if the program installed correctly, if it doesn't you should start the program )...
    or you could try going for restore back to an earlier time with restore... way back before your virusfest and installation of those programs...
    or you could try going back to original factory settings...
    or the last result of completely reformatting your hard drive by booting up with your operating system disk
    Hope this helps!:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759378

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice