1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer keeps freezing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PvT.Jackson, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PvT.Jackson

PvT.Jackson Thread Starter

Hello,

my specs are..

Foxconn A7GM-S AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Nvidia 9800GTX+ (then i tryed another video card and it still froze)

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000 Brisbane 2.6GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

Alright my power supply is an ULT-XF600 (600W) - ULTRA PRODUCT X-FINITY.
    Link for more info.. http://xtreview.com/review42.htm

And my voltages in bios are..

Cpu Core: 1.296
    DRam Volt: 1.872
    Nb Volt: 1.088
    +3.3V: 3.376
    +12.0V: 12.032
    +5v: 5.13
    -12v: -4.35
    -5v: -5.18
    Vbat: 3.25

And my vidoe card is a 9800GTX+ PCI EXPRESS x16. Then i tried a 7600 gt PCI EXPRESS X16. And I have another power supply but its a 400W or 450W and its older.

And my temps in bios are..

CPU Temp: 36C
    Sys Temp: 30C

My computer has been fine up until a week ago, my pc keeps freezeing every 20 mins.

I did ad-aware searches virus searches ect. Nothing was found, sometimes it even freezes up on my mo/bo screen when I have to manually shut it off and on agian because of the freezes. So I recently have checked my ram with memtest it all passed, i did disk check, then i just recently reformated.

Once i reformated it hasent froze up until not to long ago it froze for the 1st time. But my pc just froze agian while playing a game, this time when i restarted it wanted me to load defult cmos by pressuing f2, then when i booted up it looked like there was no drivers for the vidoe card.Then it froze agian, then i restarted and when it did it found new hardware. I also tryed a different video card, nothing seemed to work.

Any suggestions?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/850780

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice