1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer keeps opening new browser on its own!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Jasperdog, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jasperdog

Jasperdog Thread Starter

Aug 20, 2012
    I get onto my home page - MSN - with Internet Explorer - can get to my email, or facebook - and then it starts opening new homepages, one right after another, I can see it doing it at the bottom of the screen and the number of open pages just increases until I shut the computer down. Have running AVG trial and windows scans to find problems, but nothing is showing. Ready to toss it out the window! I am not very tech savvy, but I'm not new to this either. But I am beyond my scope here and don't know what to do next.
  2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor

Jan 9, 2005
    Hi and welcome.

Check and post
    TSG System Information Utility - found here.

Post a Hjt log - to see what is running on your system.

Hijack this 2.04
    • Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
    • Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
    • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
    • Click on Install.
    • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
    • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
    • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
    • Click Edit > Select All > Copy-and-Paste the uninstall list in the reply box.> Select All then click on Edit > Copy to copy the entire contents of the log.
    • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
    • DO NOT use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
    • DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065789