Computer keeps pausing.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bsmith6

Hello... first post here at the forums.

I'm an experienced windows user but I can't seem to find an answer to a problem I'm having. Every once in a while my computer will start pausing randomly. Usually this happens every six months or so and, while it's going on, the computer will pause for a couple of seconds anywhere from every minute to every ten minutes. The only way I've found to fix this is to format my HD and reinstall windows (which I have done over the past year and a half about 3 times). I really don't want to keep doing this. I imagine that it's some sort of Memory or CPU usage spike but I can't figure out what or where it's coming from.

My computer is an HP Pavilion a1010n with 768mb of RAM and a 2.93 Ghz Intel Celeron Processor. Any help would be appreciated and if I need to post more computer specs just let me know. Thanks ahead of time.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online